Enjoy the beauty of the valley at arm’s length – Sagano Romantic Train
The 7.3 km Sagano Romantic Train line winds along the edge of the Hozugawa Ravine from Saga Torokko Station to Kameoka Toroko Station. The 25-minute ride (one way) is open all year, and the views and colors change with the seasons (ex: cherryblossoms in spring, green leaves in summer, red-leaves in fall, and snow in winter). The train slows down at especially scenic vantage points to allow passengers to fully appreciate the views. Reserved seats only, and no smoking in any carriages.
Advance-sale tickets, individual:
Advance tickets can be purchased at JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-madoguchi) of West Japan Railway and main travel agencies all over Japan. Available from 10:00am one month before the day of travel.
Advance-sale tickets, group:
Advance tickets for Groups of 15 or more people can be purchased at main travel agencies from one year to 2 weeks before the day of travel.
How to purchase same-day tickets:
Same-day tickets can be purchased at each station’s ticket booth until they are sold out. The special tickets for the 5th carriage RICH, an open carriage without glass windows, can only be purchased on the day of travel.
- Kyoto prefecture
- City / town
- Kyoto-shi, Ukyo-ku, Sagatenryuji
- 1 minute walk from JR Sagano Line Saga-arashiyama Station
- Sagano Romantic Train
- Methods of reservation
- JR West Japan Midori-no-madoguchi (for individials)
- Methods of cancelation
- At the ticket booth or Romantic Train Stations (except Hozukyo Station)
- Conditions of resservation and cancelation
- Tickets sales or reservations are available at JR West Japan Midori-no-madoguchi, or major travel agencies in Japan. Day tickets are sold in Saga, Arashiyama, Kameoka Romantic Train Stations. The tickets for RICH are sold only on the day.